There are four different Pranayam as per Yoga Philosophy (Darshan )
Bahayavarti: Step by step as under:
- The technique involved is to exhale all air forcefully.
- Contract anus & urethra muscles up ( moolbandh), pull stomach muscle (uddayan bandh) contract so much that stomach moves as close as possible to the vertebra, and then Pull throat & chin muscles, move the chin to the throat and hold breath as long as possible (Jalandhar bandh)
- To resume breathing, slacken the muscles(bandhs) in reverse order of throat, stomach & anus.
- Breath in and then without stopping exhale totally as earlier. repeat it 5, or 7 or 9 oddly up to 21 times to your capacity.
- Sit comfortable either cross legged or on a chair with eyes closed & full breath in with the lower stomach pulled in. Now make mool band & Jalandar bandh.
- Retain the breath inside to your capacity. Remove the bandh very slowly while breathing out easily.