Coconut oil uses have served the humanity since ages. It is versatile when used as a cooking medium that improves the digestion and strengthens the immune system against many infections and diseases.
It is accepted as a beauty aid for hair and skin care and restores health by decreasing weight if required. It is not surprising that coconut oil, when used in a non-refined and the organic state, it is more effective. Here we are writing about its uses relating to health, beauty, and domestic purposes.
As a Health Medium:
- Healthiest people in the world, located in the South Pacific islands of Tokelauans and Kitavans. They have no heart problems whatsoever but consume 60% of their calories from Coconut oil. Other vegetable oils turn unhealthy as they get oxidized on heating. Thus, they become rancid as they start to smell and get unpleasant in taste. It is not so in the case of coconut oil.
- The MCT (medium chain triglycerides) in Coconut oil burns more calories (fats) when compared to other oils because other oils become unhealthy and attain lower value CT on use. Research carried out on humans, and at the laboratory, level indicates that coconut oil reduced the total and LDL cholesterol plus at the same time raised HDL cholesterol.
- The coconut oil has antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antifungal attributes that add to overall wellness. Coconut oil has been given a villainous impression in the recent past because it contains saturated fat. It is debatable because, on its use, the good cholesterol increases and the LDL (bad cholesterol) decreases.
- Coconut oil holds a lot of common MCTS, which are metabolized uniquely and can have therapeutic effects on various brain diseases. In the medical field, it is known that the coconut oil has fatty acids (lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid) that have strong curative features. The fatty acids control the dangerous yeast Candida Albicans that causes severe inflammation in the stomach. They ensure that the yeast does no cracking of inside and outside skin.
- The coconut oil forms a protective chemical film and protects the skin from virus, fungi, air or dust; bacteria thus speeds up the healing process of damaged tissues.
- Coconut oil path takes it straight to the liver from the esophagus (digestive track) and get used as the swift source of energy, converted into ketones and have balancing effect to control the brain diseases like Alzheimer’s and Epilepsy and the healing effects on several brain disorders. As per Coconut Research Center, coconut oil annihilates the virus causing SARS, herpes, measles and hepatitis and other risks of diseases.
- The coconut helps the following diseases mildly; Diabetes, Stress, bones,
- It is used as a carrier oil for other oils immersed in it without altering their healing properties, and also does not go rancid under any circumstances.
As an incredible Beauty Aid:
- The coconut oil has multi-faceted uses even when not consumed as food. It acts as an excellent moisturizer when used on the face thus keeping the skin soft and shining. When used as a sunscreen lotion, approx. 20% of the Ultraviolet rays get blocked thus it acts as a protective screen against skin cancer. It is the most cost effective cream when compared to the other chemically prepared lotions available in the market. It is essential to note that the coconut oil is most cost effective and least in giving any side effects. Since the molecular weight of the coconut is less compared to other lotions, it penetrated the skin quickly and improved and restores the cells of the skin. The skin inflammation gets controlled and restores the hydration needed by the skin by the fatty acids.
- The dental health of ‘oil pulling’ process improves oral health by removing plaque deposited on the teeth and stops bad breath as the harmful bacteria get decimated. It is known that Coconut oil is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal. It needs to be proved scientifically and perhaps fights cancer. It is known that coconut oil can save one from many infections, and can do away with the lice. The viruses get controlled, and the absorb all nutrients. Its use has no side effects.
As a Weight Control Measure:
As per the studies carried out on inhabitants having coconut oil as their primary source of food and cooking medium have reduced appetite influence – the fatty acid contents in the coconut oil bring forth this quality of reduced hunger resulting in attaining lesser body weight. The fatty acids in coconut oil can appreciably diminish hunger, which may inevitably change body weight over the long term. It is noteworthy that coconut oil burns more calories and decreases the appetite resulting in weight reduction.
American Heart Association (AMA) Caution Against the coconut oil.
American Heart Association’s Lead researcher Frank Sacks warned as generally considered safe the Coconut oil is not so. He added coconut oil might be used as a moisturizer at the most, but not as the cooking medium because the saturated fats in the coconut oil is comparatively much more than in other saturated fats of palm oil, beef fat or the butter.
Coconut oil has a standing as the remedy of health fanatics, but it may not be as good as people think. In a report released he points out that Coconut is equally worse as the other saturated fats of other oils. As a precaution, American Heart Association has advised cautionary approach on saturated fats when using the coconut oil.The released report points out not to use coconut oil as a cooking medium.
In all the seven out of seven trials coconut oil had 82% UNSATURATED FAT, butter had 63% and beef fat 50%. It advised using unsaturated fat of olive oil or the sunflower oil instead.
Read more about AMA and coconut oil