Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
Cooking Time:- 60 minutes
Serves:- 1 cake
Chocolate cakes are every ones favorite, so we give you a recipe to make an easy chocolate cake at your home in very less time, lets say within 2 hours at max. This is a great recipe for delicious, easy, simple chocolate cake which is perfect for birthdays, thanks giving or for any sweet occasion. The cake will be moist and fudgy, and you could keep it well for 4 to 5 days.
For the cake
225g/8oz plain flour
350g/12½oz caster sugar
85g/3oz cocoa powder
1½ tsp baking power
1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 free-range eggs
250ml/9fl oz milk
125ml/4½fl oz vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
250ml/9fl oz boiling water
For the chocolate icing
200g plain chocolate
200ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line two 20cm/8in sandwich tins.
2. Now for the cake, firstly take a large mixing bowl and place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water. Now by the use of a wooden spoon, or an electric whisk, beat the mixture until its smooth and well combined.
3. After mixing it, add the boiling water to the mixture, pour it little – little at a time, until its more smooth. By adding water your cake mixture will now be very liquid.
4. Now what you need to do is divide the cake batter between the sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, or bake it until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. After is firm, remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely, still let it be in their tins,until its time for icing.
6. Now for the chocolate icing, heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat. Heat the chocolate until it melts. Now remove the pan from the heat and whisk the mixture until its smooth, glossy and thickened. Now set it aside to cool for 1-2 hours, or until its thick enough to be spread over the cake.
7. To assemble the cake, run a round-bladed knife around the inside of the cake tins to loosen the cakes. Carefully remove the cakes from the tins. For removing a cake from a tin can be a tricky task. So firstly run a palette or rounded butter knife around the inside edge of the cake tin and carefully turn the cake out onto a cooling rack. Now to remove the cakes without leaving a wire rack mark on the top, put a clean tea towel over the tin, put your hand onto the tea towel and turn the tin upside-down. The cake should come out onto your hand and the tea towel – then remove the grease proof paper and turn it from your hand onto the wire rack.
8. Now spread a little chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cakes, then top it carefully with the other cake.
9. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and ice the cake all over with the chocolate icing by using a palette knife.
10. Your cake is ready to serve.