1. Put two straws in your mouth: one inside a drink and one outside it. You will find it hard to drink the liquid than doing it singly.
2. When on heat, female hippopotami secrete oil with a flavor similar to strawberries. Kalahari bushmen use the oil to make flat-bread treats for children.
3. Most named person in the world is Muhammad.
4. The practice of putting the letter “e” in front of words to mean “web-based” (e.g., eBusiness, eLearning, e-soko etc.) was patented by Microsoft in 1992. They are waiting until their anti-trust trial has been officially completed to begin enforcing it.
5. What is called a “French kiss” in the English speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
6. The first known transfusion of blood was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man.
7. Watermelons are a popular gift to bring to a host in China or Japan.
8. Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor.
9. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
10. It is illegal of tourists to enter Mexico with more than 2 CD’s.
11. The saying “it’s so cold out there it could freeze the balls off a brass monkey” came from when old cannons like the ones used in the Civil War existed. The cannonballs were stacked in a pyramid formation, called a brass monkey. When it got extremely cold outside they would crack and break off… thus the saying. A male Angler fish attaches itself to a female and never lets go. Their vascular systems unite and the male becomes entirely dependent on the female’s blood for nutrition.
12. There are only three animals with blue tongues: the black bear, the Chow Chow dog and the blue-tongued lizard.
13. The coyote’s scientific name (Canis Latrans) means ‘barking dog’.
14. Sharks need to swim, or they will sink.
15. If NASA sent birds into space they would soon die; they need gravity to swallow.
16. The word “modem” is a contraction of the words “modulate, demodulate.” (MOdulate DEModulate)
17. Drivers kill more deer than hunters.
18. Sea water weighs about a pound and a half more per cubic foot than fresh water at the same temperature.
19.Tipping at a restaurant in Iceland is considered an insult.
20. In Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum.
21. Leonardo Da Vinci never dated or signed his most famous painting, the Mona Lisa.
22.Babies start dreaming even before they’re born.