50 Health Benefits of Honey
Honey is a mixture of sugars and other compounds. With respect to carbohydrates, honey is mainly fructose and glucose making it similar to the synthetically produced inverted sugar syrup, which is approximately 48% fructose, 47% glucose, and 5% sucrose. Honey’s remaining carbohydrates include maltose, sucrose, and other complex carbohydrates.
As with all nutritive sweeteners, honey is mostly sugars and contains only trace amounts of vitamins or minerals. Honey also contains tiny amounts of several compounds thought to function as antioxidants, including chrysin, pinobanksin, vitamin C, catalyses, and Pinocchio. The specific composition of any batch of honey depends on the flowers available to the bees that produced the honey.
Here are best 50 benefits of honey in below…
- Honey is a wonderful aid to internal cleansing.
- Honey works well on chapped lips.
- Honey also works well on acne because it has antibacterial properties
- Honey may also be good for your skin. It has the ability to attract water. You can use honey instead of alpha hydroxide masks because of its high content of the acid. It is also safe for sensitive skin.
- Honey is rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which are wonderful beauty aids that nourish the skin.
- Honey can cure the problem of ringworm. Ayurvedic healing advises treating ringworm with both turmeric and honey.
- Honey is good for eyesight. Regular use of honey mixed with the carrot juice helps to improve the eyesight. It should be taken in the early morning.
- Honey dissolved in equal quantity of warm water is good lotion or eye-bath for the conjunctivitis.
- A teaspoon of honey per day aid calcium utilization and prevents osteoporosis.
- Chewing the tops of honey combs for 20 minutes a teaspoon of bee capping; five to six times a day stimulates the immune system. It’s effective for asthma patients.
- Consuming one teaspoon of honey a day helps lead a long healthy life. The most long-lived people in the world are all regular users of honey. An interesting fact, yet to be explained, is that beekeepers suffer less from cancer and arthritis than any other occupational group worldwide.
- Based on its rapid healing effects, honey has been used and is still being used in many surgical operations. For example, it has been used as a barrier against tumor implantation in laparoscopic ontological surgery.
- Honey is a good food preservative. While baking cakes by replacing sugar with honey, they will stay in fresher longer due to natural antibiotics as honey retains moisture.
- I’ve heard that when honey is processed and administered intravenously it helps fight jaundice, but I’m not sure is it true or not.
- Ayurveda has been advising honey as a medication for problems of impotence and infertility. A drink of warm milk to which honey is added is believed to increase the sperm count from level zero to fertility level of over 60million sperm count.
- Pure and unheated honey is a mild sexual stimulant naturally, since it contains numerous substances such as zinc, Vitamin E, etc., which promotes virility and reproductive health. A mixture of honey and grounded garlic taken regularly at bed time is an aphrodisiac that increases sexual stamina and pleasure.
- Honey is Anti- aging. It contains antioxidants, powerful compounds which fight free radicals and reverse aging.
- Drinking lemon juice with a spoonful of honey first thing in the morning is an effective anti-cellulite treatment as it helps to increase body metabolism.
- If you are trying to lose weight, honey can be of great help to you. Honey can help in weight loss when consumed with warm water and lemon juice. Honey has been used as a home remedy in Ayurvedic medicine to help dissolve fat for thousands of years.
- Researches indicate that Arthritic patients when treated with a mixture of honey and cinnamon regularly in the morning on empty stomach, there was significant relief in pain of the patients.
- Honey with cinnamon is good for Curing Arthritis, Hair Loss, Toothache, help in Reducing Cholesterol, Curing Colds, Cures Infertility, Upset Stomach, for better Immune System, for Longevity and Weight Loss.
- Replace your morning jelly for honey. It could help you to decrease your chances of heart disease. Heart patients are also advised to replace white sugar with honey that has natural fructose and glucose.
- Take honey with your morning breakfast like eating porridge mixed with honey or honey with cereals. The nutrients in honey induce the calming effect on brain.
- Since it contains no cholesterol it helps in reducing the cholesterol level of a patient suffering from the high cholesterol problem.
- Honey is nature’s energy booster. A spoon of honey enables you to go for the extra mile. To recharge your battery, there is nothing better than honey.
- If you have a wound which could be a scratch, cut, scrape, or resulting from surgery, try using honey under the dressing. Due to its natural anti-inflammatory effect, it will help to heal the wounds more quickly. It also has different photochemical chemicals found in plants and different foods that kill viruses, bacteria, and fungus making it a good substitute for wound dressings.
- Honey may also be effective in the treatment of your ulcers. In Europe, honey has been used internally to help cure ulcers, particularly stomach ulcers.
- A certain type of bee’s honey can heal leg ulcers.
- People with excessive gastric acid and hypertrophic gastritis are advised to have warm honey water.
- Honey diluted in water is helpful with your stomachaches and dehydration.
- It works to help chronic bad breath.
- Honey is a great immunity system builder.
- It activates the immune response by providing glucose for the white blood cells.
- For people who have frequent migraine attacks, should sip a dessert spoon of honey dissolved in half a glass of warm water at the start of the attack. Repeat after 20 minutes if needed. Its effective as migraine is stress related.
- When you get a hangover from drinking too much alcohol, combat its effects by applying the honey remedy.
- Honey is a natural remedy for many ailments.
- Use of honey in lemon tea can help to alleviate a sore and uncomfortable throat.
- Honey also help in sleeplessness. If you are unable to sleep? Use the famous Milk and Honey Remedy. Add a teaspoon of honey in a glass of hot milk to calm the soul and induce sleep. Or, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to a cup of chamomile tea and sip.
- A teaspoon of honey before bed, aids water retention and calms fears in children.
- Honey with milk help you to minimize your heartburn woes during pregnancy
- Honey can be used as a mouthwash. A tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water can clean teeth and dentures, and kills germs in the mouth.
- Honey also prevents Acidity. The pH of honey is commonly between 3.2 and 4.5. This relatively acidic pH level prevents the growth of many bacteria.
- Honey is an excellent ergogenic aid and helps in boosting the performance of athletes.
- Honey prevent hair loss or baldness.
- Honey and two cups of warm water can help return the natural shine and will add health to your hair. Have A tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoon of water and make it paste and apply it to your hair. It gives shine or luster to your hair.
- Honey improves your digestion. Honey’s antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties make it a very good remedy for improving digestion.
- Honey is Anti-Cancer. It does not cure cancer but one thing can’t be overlooked is – honey possesses carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumor properties.
- You can also use Honey as a lotion to dry patches of skin on hands, elbows, or other parts. Just mix one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of olive oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it to hands, elbows, heels of your foot and many other parts of the body, and wash off the paste after 15 minutes. Instant relief!
- Honey improves your intelligence.
- It rejuvenates your body.
You may also like:
- How to get Rid of a Pot Belly with Food and Exercise
- How to Cure Glaucoma Perfectly by Ayurveda
- DIY - Homemade Pregnancy Test
Written by Harinder Pal Singh on April 15, 2017 in Health