1. It is multi-faceted useful fruit having no cholesterol, little fat with minerals and vitamins.
2. They are rich in dietary fibre with Vitamins C, A1, B5, B1, B2 and B3, B-Complex group, Vitamin K . Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
3. Health conscious persons can take the liberty to mix milk with dates for tasty and nutritious porridge in the morning since the dates are pretty low on the calories.They are full of real sugars like fructose, glucose and sucrose.
4. The dates have much of fibre and amino acids that help in digestion.
5. The LDL cholesterol gets lowered on consumption of regular intake of dates. Dates are rich in potassium and low on in sodium content that help in reducing and preventing stroke.
6. Instances have recorded where the dates cured abdominal cancer. They work better than medicines as dates have no side effects. Dates also improve the vision and cure the night blindness.
7. Gaining weight is no problem for the slimmer. Soak dates overnight and eat a few to gain pounds in weight.
8. Dates are aphrodisiac, mixing milk with the them with a bit of honey and cardamom make a very nourishing drink. The desire increases.
9. The constipation problem get solved by soaking dates overnight and having them in water in the morning
10. With the high percentage of iron in the dates, the anemic are helped quite early.’
11. As per naturopathy Fluorine in dates slows down the tooth decay.
12. They eliminate the urge to eat on the fasting person so that fasting person does not overeat., thus saving disorder of the stomach.
13. After fasting is over, dates help in releasing digestive juices, and chemical secretions required for digestion. Thus, no constipation results for the fast observing persons even on meal changing times and lack of fiber in the meals.
14.The brain cells and nerves get supplied with sugary nutrients ( energy) required for their optimum working through the dates after the fast.
15.The hereditary disease such as diabetes, high BP, gout, renal stones, gallbladder, hemorrhoids or inflammations get nullified. The alkaline salts within the dates neutralize or adjust the acidity of the blood due to overeating.
Only precaution required prior to eating the dates is to wash and clean them thoroughly with water to remove the dust that gets attached and embedded due to its property of stickiness. Therefore, a proper packing and cleaner look is needed prior to buying them. The benefits of the Dates are too numerous. They are easily digestible and never put strain on the stomach.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES DATES, DRIED
Serving Size: 10 dates
Fat: Saturated Fat: na
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 61 g
Protein: 2 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Sodium: 2 mg
Niacin: 1 mg
Pantothenic Acid: Vitamin B6: Calcium: 32 mg
Copper: Iron: Magnesium: 36 mg
Potassium: 541 mg