Blackheads or open comedones are small dark bumps on the skin. They are blocked pores that are filled with keratin, sebum and skin debris. They are more common on the nose and really looks bad. If you have them you must be looking for some natural and effective solutions to get rid of blackheads on nose.
7 home remedies to get rid of blackheads on nose
1. Tomato– They are antiseptic and de-clogs the pores.
Take a tomato and mash it. Extract the juice and apply it on your nose and surrounding areas. Wait for 2-3 hours for the blackheads to fall off naturally.
2. Baking Soda– This is an effective home treatment to remove blackheads on nose. It also removes the dirt and debris.
Take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix with a quantity of water sufficient to make a paste. Apply this paste on your nose properly. Leave it to dry. After a few minutes rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
3. Jojoba oil and brown sugar– Brown sugar is an excellent exfoliator and removes dead skin cells and debris. For this mix a spoon of jojoba oil and a half teaspoon of brown sugar. Stir properly to dissolve the sugar granules and then apply it over your nose after wetting your face. Rub your nose gently and then leave the application for 30 minutes. This is followed by rinsing off your face with water.
* You may also use white sugar for this purpose.
* Do not repeat this more than 2 times a week.
4. Turmeric and mint juice– Grind mint leaves to extract juice. Take a teaspoon mint leaves and mix it with half teaspoon turmeric. Mix the ingredients to make a paste and apply on the blackheads. Wait for a few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat this 2 times a week to get rid of blackheads on nose.
5. Sandalwood powder– It effectively removes blackheads. Take a teaspoon sandalwood powder and add sufficient water to make a paste. Now apply it to your nose and wait for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. You may also apply this paste to the whole face as sandalwood makes the skin smooth and glowing.
6. Egg white– It tightens the pores and not helps to get rid of blackhead on the nose but also prevents the future outbreaks.
Take an egg and separate the egg white from yolk in a small bowl. Clean your face and apply egg white on your nose. Let it dry for some time. When you feel tight peel off the egg mask. Wash your face, pat dry and apply a moisturizer. You may repeat this 2 times a week.
7. Oatmeal and yogurt- Together they not only removes dead skin cells, but also removes blackheads. Take a teaspoon of oatmeal and add a tablespoon yogurt to it. You may also add a teaspoon honey to it. Mix ingredients to make a paste. Apply it on blackheads and rub gently for a few minutes. Repeat this 2 times a week.
You may try any of the above-mentioned home remedies to get rid of blackheads on nose. They are totally safe, easily available in your kitchen and effective.