Are your arms jiggling away merrily? Hmm, time to work on it to get the arm shape back to its svelte form. If you are trying to shape up your arms, shed the extra fat, and also get stronger, try to reduce your overall body fat. As you start reducing your body fat, you will find your arms are getting trimmed and how. Before you jump on to exercise bandwagon and know how to lose arm fat with exercise, check out why you have arm fat in the first place.
The Science behind Arm Fat
Women mostly hate the flab in their upper arms. Time for the truth bomb, women do have a fat-pocket trifecta and the fat deposits around your hips, thighs, and upper arms. But you can shrink the fat if you burn more calories than you eat and for that sugar is something that you should ditch for good, especially the processed ones. You must eat right first and then combine it with the right exercise to lose the excess fat.
The back of the arm is the fat that is most difficult to remove. But yes, there are exercises that can tone the area for good. Well, you do want to wear that cute spaghetti top, or sleeveless dress don’t you? And wear them with dollops of confidence and you are set to slay any outfit. Before we go on to discuss the exercises, let us discuss a few points on the diet factor, you know what to eat and what to omit. We have already discussed sugar, let’s focus on what to add to your diet,
- Add more protein – Protein keeps you full for longer hours and hence you end up eating a lot less. It also puts a stop to those irrational hunger pangs.
- Start your day with a wholesome breakfast – Most people skip breakfast in order to lose weight, but that’s a wrong approach as it may make you hungrier still in the latter part of the day and you end up eating more.
Exercises to lose arm fat
As you know eating right is only one part of the whole, for the other part you need to concentrate on the exercises. So, how to lose arm fat with exercises? Check it all here.
Strength training focuses on building more muscles and gives a firm and toned look. One of the best exercise that helps work on your triceps. All you need is a pair of dumbbells or a pair of water bottles and you are good to go.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-distance apart.
- Hold the weights in each of your hands and bring it overhead. Ensure your form is correct so keep your arms
- Lower the weights behind your back.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds and lift them over your head again.
- Keep your arms close to your ears.
- Work your triceps with this one and do 3 sets of 20 reps each. Rest for a minute between each set.
Burn those triceps with this one. This really hits the muscles at the back of your arms, the arm jiggle that is the stubborn fat and is the most difficult to get rid of.
- Get a chair or bench for this exercise. Ensure that the arms are least 2 feet higher than the ground.
- Hold the edge of the chair/bench, place your arms right behind you and grip the seat. Keep your arms shoulder-distance apart.
- Stretch your legs before you and sit with your back in an upright position.
- Now bend your elbows at a 90-degree angle and slowly lower your lower body off the seat more towards the ground.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, take a few deep breaths and maintain the pose without putting undue pressure on yourself.
- Straighten your arms again and bring your body up while pushing.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps at least 3 times a day to flaunt lean arms.
Done with your triceps? Now it is time to hit those small muscles in your upper and forearm that assists the biceps.
- Grab those dumbbells
- Stand on the ground, keeping your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold one weight in each hand.
- Grasp the weights in a way that your palms face you, keeping your fingers around the weight.
- Lift both the weights by bending your elbows and bringing your arms up towards your shoulders.
- Tuck in your elbows close to your sides and maintain the right form.
- Hold the pose for a few seconds and lower your arms.
- Do about 2 to 4 sets of 15 or 20 reps each.
The push-ups not only work your biceps and triceps but your chest muscles, shoulders, abdominals and the wing muscles or the muscles under your armpit.
- Drop on all fours on a mat and lie down on your stomach.
- Ensure that your palms are facing downwards.
- Now with your arms on the floor lift your body up. Lower your body again till your chest almost touches the floor.
- This may take time to master so drop onto your knees and start with knee push-ups first before graduating to a full push up.
- Breathe in when you move down and breathe out when you raise your body.
- Do 3 reps of 10 sets most days of the week for best results.
Start with your exercise regimen right now, if you are diligent about it, you’ll get the results you want, very quickly. There are two other things that you need to work upon, your sleep hours and your stress levels. The more stressed you are the more your body holds on to the fat and you find it difficult to lose the excess fat. Get more sleep at least 8 hours each night to reset the hormones and enhance the fat burning process. This is crucial, so make these an integral part of your life and you will soon have the lean and mean arms of your dreams. Yes, it is possible, wanna give it a try?