Smoking is one of the worse addictions to overcome, so it’s only natural that you’d want to try something that could help. Many smokers turn to natural remedies to help them quit, but not all of them are effective or safe to use.
When looking for natural ways to help you stop Smoking, there are a few options to consider. Many people who have successfully left have used a variety of approaches, such as counseling or a support system.
Acupuncture is a common procedure used by many people to help them quit smoking. In general, the acupuncture needles used are hair-thin. They are inserted into various points in the ear, where they remain for around 20 minutes.
- Many acupuncturists use tiny balls (the size of a ballpoint pen tip) attached to the ear with invisible tape to help them in between Treatments.
- When an urge for cigarettes arises, the smoker is instructed to gently press on the ball, which activates the acupuncture level.
- A five-year study of 5,202 smokers in Hong Kong found that acupuncture was a safe and reliable way to help people stop smoking.
The next concern that many people have is whether hypnotherapy can improve. It appears to be a promising alternative to prescription and over-the-counter smoking cessation aids, but is it effective?
- According to one randomised trial, hypnotherapy is only slightly more successful than behavioral relapse prevention intervention.
- After three days of not smoking, participants were assigned to one of two groups.
- After a year, the hypnotherapy group had a success rate of 29%, while the counseling group had a success rate of 28%.
The herb lobelia (Lobelia inflata) has been advertised to help people cope with the effects of nicotine withdrawal, and it is used in many anti-smoking products.
- The sale of some lobelia products marketed to help people stop smoking was briefly banned by the Food and Drug Administration in the United States in 1993. (FDA).
- The reasoning, according to the report, was that evidence suggested they were ineffective.
- Lobelia has since been added to a list of ingredients for smoking cessation that need FDA approval.
These are some of the ways in which you can get rid of the habit of smoking.