Detoxification is cleansing, providing nourishment and giving rest to the body from inside out. Body toxins are processed in the liver for elimination. So detoxification means eliminating impurities from the blood in your liver. It also includes removing contaminants from intestine, kidney, lungs, skin and lymphatic system.
Benefits and reason to Detox
When you detox body the right way, it removes impurities from your system. Below are its benefits
- Boosts immunity
- Improve the quality of life.
- Improve digestion
- Helps to maintain an ideal weight
- Prevents chronic diseases
- Boosts stamina
- Restores balance between body systems
- Emotional and mental clarity
- Slows ageing
How to know if your body needs Detoxification?
Your body will answer your question by exhibiting following symptoms:
- Unexplained tiredness
- Low-grade infection
- Skin irritation
- Sluggish elimination
- Bloating of the stomach
- Bags under eyes
- Mental confusion
- Menstrual problems.
Which is the right way to Detox Your Body
Our body works hard to filter the impurities. It is expert in washing out waste. But with increased toxins in the environment; it is no more an easy task. Also, when the system is compromised natural detoxification is adversely affected, and you need to take some action.
On hearing the word detox, you may think of detox drinks available in the market. Some may suggest you detox programs that require fasting and in which unique formula is given. No need to waste your time and money on them. Just follow the simple steps mentioned below:
Simple Steps To Detox Your Body
- The first step is to lighten the load of toxins. For this, you need to stop or limit the intake of coffee, cigarettes, refined sugar, saturated fats mad alcohol.
- Also, reduce the use of chemical-based personal and household products such as shampoo, deodorant, cleansers, toothpaste. Shift to natural alternatives instead.
- Next step is to reduce the level of stress. For this try yoga meditation and breathing exercises. Meditation and yoga reset the mental and physical balance.
- Clean your liver by adding green tea, milk thistle, burdock and dandelion root into your daily diet regimen. Eat freshly grown vegetable and fruits that rich in fibre. Shift to whole grains and brown rice instead of white rice and processed foods. Some of the detoxifying foods are beets, cabbage, spirulina, broccoli, seaweed, and chlorella. Do add these foods to your diet.
- Increase intake of foods rich in vitamin C such as broccoli, green leafy vegetables, guava, Indian gooseberries, strawberries, orange and other citrus fruits.
- Increase your daily water intake. Drink 10-12 glasses of water every day. Better carry your water in a stainless steel water bottle everywhere you go.
- Go for a walk in a park every morning and breathe deeply so that fresh oxygen can circulate through your entire system.
- Take sauna to eliminate toxins through sweat. Also, practice hydrotherapy in you has to take a hot shower at bearable temperature for 5 minutes which is followed by allowing cold water to run on your back for 30 seconds. After doing the whole process three times take a nap of 30 minutes in your bed.
- Dry brush your skin.
- Practice 30 minutes exercise every day such as running, swimming, brisk walk and cycling.
*Before taking any herbal supplement to detox your body once consult your doctor to know the proper dose.