Stress can leave fatal marks both bodily and mentally. Do not think too long about the stress or the problem but relax as soon as possible. See the Youtube link given below. Please reflect on it and share it.
It is typically difficult to ascertain the real cause of many such problems. A doctor may require medical tests even if he suspects that stress is the real reason. Mental pressure is a natural part of life, but unmanaged anxiety can increase the danger of heart disease or other deadly illness. It’s necessary to manage your stress starters or learn to manage them in a way that decreases your stress. Common causes of intense stress are the passing of a loved one, relationship, obstacles, job loss, legal problems, perfectionism, and more. The following are common manifestations of stress:
- Throbbings, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, and other signs of heart condition (which must be ruled out)
- Unusual rapid breathing, dizziness or light-headedness.
- Thrilling feelings in the hands and feet.
- Continuous or a recurring backache and neckband pain.
- Frequent headaches.
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Heartburn and different types of digestive difficulties.
Finding it hard to focus and in taking decisions.
- Inability to sleep gently.
- Prolonged tiredness even after a good and lengthy sleep.
- Lengthened stress.
- Changes in hungriness and an increased reliance on alcoholic beverages or drugs.
- Unable to cope up with slight setbacks.
- Loss of interest in the entertainment activities.
Usually, Stress surfaces as mental tension or emotional suffering. In medical terms, stress is anything putting a feeling of excessive pressure on the body. The underlying cause can be anything physical defect or any psychological factor. A fear factor for someone maybe the relish of life for the other. In either case, the stressor starts body’s self-regulating stress-response system that either reduces or enhances the immune regime of the diseases to set in for a particular person.
The stress coping mechanism or Fight or Flight response is the main feature in the humans to encounter the pressure since his existence. The response sends energy in the form of adrenaline and other hormones to get alerted to encounters various emergencies by raising the blood pressure. The blood gets diverted from the digestive system to the muscles.
Nutritional requirement to counter the Stress
Any stress is heavy on the human system and to counteract the adverse effects; a well-balanced diet is a fundamental prerequisite. Lemon and citrus family foods, bell peppers, baked potatoes, are rich in vitamin C are required to counter the stress and maintain the immunity level to fight back. Intake of 1000mg of vitamin C keeps the BP and stress hormones under control. Foods such as fish, meats, poultry and whole grain and zinc rich foods as nuts keep the immune system ready to fight back and remain healthy.
Under stress one tends to eat much more than the hunger. It is recommended to eat a smaller portion for 6-7 meals as the digestion process reduces stress. One should eat a carbohydrate-rich diet so that more of serotonin gets deposited in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical received in brain induces a calming effect. Stress-prone people take the higher carbohydrate diet and lesser of the protein diet to reduce the stress effect.
What to eat when under stress:
- Do not skip the breakfast.
- Eat slowly so that your digestive system remains all right.
- No dieting during the stressful times – the food habits are to be changed during dieting, and that results in the stressful situation.
- Ensure not to take much of caffeine or alcohol.
- Avoid foods that do not agree with your system.
- Vitamin c acts as the stress buster it acts the level of stress hormones and the same time strengthens the immune system. The BP and the stress hormone cortisol returns to normal on taking vitamin c before taking a stressful task.
- Magnesium rich spinach or other green vegetables or fish, or cooked soybean work wonder that finish headaches and controls fatigue.
- Herbal teas, chamomile or peppermint, low-fat milk. Decaffeinated soft drinks are stress buster on its regular intake. The stress
- It is best to eat whatever agrees with your system when under stress.
Here are the ways to tackle the stress:
- Breath deeply and for a long duration between 2 to 5 seconds.
- Maintain a discretion between your work and life.
- Relax using Yoga and meditation Techniques
- After every hour of work relax and rest for 10 12 minutes
- Under stressful condition take lighter foods that get digested fast.