* Have periodic examination of your ears, especially if you notice your hearing decreasing.
* Do not put drops, oil, etc. in your ears without doctor’s advice.
* Do not clean the ears with pins, keys, pens, etc.
* Do not remove foreign objects from the ear without a doctor’s assistanc
* Do not unnecessarily- clean ears after bath with ear buds, etc.
* Loud noises are harmful for the ears.
* Do not slap children / others on the ears.
* Do not allow dirty water to enter into the ears.
* In all cases of ear ache, ringing in the ears, discharge from the ears, giddiness, vertigo, nausea, vomiting etc.- immediately consult your doctor.
* Do not squeeze a boil or pimple around the area of the nose.
* Do not try and remove a foreign object from the nasal passage without a doctor’s assistance.
* Do not unnecessarily pick the nose or blow the nose vigorously.
* Avoid unnecessary misuse of nasal drops inhalers, etc. without a doctor’s approval
.* Consult your doctor immediately in case of injury and breathing difficulty.
* Avoid the use of irritants to the throat such as smoking, chewing tobacco / paan, etc.
* Avoid putting coins, marbles, pins, etc. in the mouth.
* Do not shout, scream etc. this causes hoarseness. In cases of hoarseness – rest the throat without misuse till hoarseness passes. If hoarseness persists for more than 7 days, consult your doctor.
* Avoid eating excessively cold/hot spicy foods.
* Avoid talking when food/water is in the mouth.
* Eat food calmly- avoid hurry.
* In case of glandular swelling in the neck, consult your doctor.
* Brush your teeth once / twice a day prior to sleeping using a medium tooth brush.
* Massage your gums once a day with your finger for one minute.
* Avoid using abrasive tooth powders, salt, tobacco, etc. for cleaning the teeth.
* Avoid use of any other person’s tooth brush.
* Change your tooth brush at least once every 90 days.
* Use dental floss for removing food particles; avoid the use of pins, etc
* Do not smoke, use tobacco, chew gum, eat chocolate, candy etc.