It has much of medicinal value but is not scientifically proved for the claims made by the traditional users. Much of the history is full of its mention from Biblical times, Colonizers of Europe, and Turkey. It was valued pretty high and ancient times was thought to be fit for presentation to the Emperors, Kings and high noblemen.
It belongs to the species: Lauraceae, having the scientific name as Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bl. It has cultivated in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, China, Vietnam, and Myanmar.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia.
1.During Toothache, make a cotton swab dipped in cinnamon oil and place at the tooth aching, slowly, in due course the pain will disappear.
2. Use 5-6 leaves and rub them on teeth as a powder, the teeth will freshen and teeth will shine.
3. For treating influenza fever, boil in a liter of water mixer of 5-6 leaves of cinnamon, a clove plus two grams of ginger. When about 250 mls remains, have the mixture three times in a day, there will be sure a benefit and fever will come down.
4.Deafness of ears can be reduced by putting 2-3 drops of cinnamon oil.
5. By applying Cinnamon oil on the eyelids, the eyelids stopSag and there is improvement in the eyesight.
6.You get rid of the cough if you take a quarter spoon of cinnamon powder, mixed with one spoon of honey, gently heated, taken thrice a day.
-.Apply the cinnamon oil on the forehead for curing the headache due to cold weather.
-. Headache due to running nose can be cured by applying the grinded cinnamon stick or the distillate of cinnamon
– Hiccups: 10-20grams of Cinnamon Extract and 250milligrams of Lentisk, when taken together will finish the hiccups.
8.Labor pains causing weariness can be cured by having 5-10 grams of cinnamon, cannabis 500mgs and one gram Ficus religiosa,
9 cinnamon oil when taken, at regular interval in little quantity will destroy the bacteria of tuberculosis( TB )
10. Arthritis can be treated by making paste of 5-10 gms of cinnamon powder mixed with 20-30 gms of honey, rub into the affected part and also take by mouth cinnamon honey mixed with cinnamon powder 2 gms in warm water at least three times daily.
11. Blood secretion can be stopped by having regular extract of Cinnamon twice daily for about 10-20 days.
12.Cholesterol can be reduced by having 2 spoons of honey in a cup of water mixed with 3 spoons of cinnamon powder
13.Diseases of Abdomen can be cured by having powder of cinnamon mixed with clove, curry leaves, cardamom, wood apple,
14.Skin diseases such as scratching and itching can be cured by applying the paste of cinnamon powder and honey on the boils and skin eruptions
Cinnamon bark is widely used as a spice. It is principally employed in cookery as a condiment and flavouring material. It is used in the preparation of chocolate, especially in Mexico, which is the main importer of cinnamon. It is also used in many dessert recipes, such as apple pie, doughnuts, and cinnamon buns as well as spicy candies, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and liqueurs. In the Middle East, cinnamon is often used in savoury dishes of chicken and lamb. In the United States, cinnamon and sugar are often used to flavour cereals, bread-based dishes, such as toast, and fruits, especially apples; a cinnamon-sugar mixture is even sold separately for such purposes. It is also used in Turkish cuisine for both sweet and savoury dishes. Cinnamon can also be used in pickling. Cinnamon powder has long been an important spice in enhancing the flavour of salt Persian cuisine, used in a variety of thick soups, drinks, and sweets: Via
Ten grams (about 2.1 teaspoons) of ground cinnamon contain:
Energy: 103.4 kJ (24.7 kcal), Fat: 0.12 g, Carbohydrates: 8.06 g (of which – fibers: 5.31 g, Sugars: 0.2 g), Protein: 0.4 g