There are four different Pranayam as per Yoga Philosophy (Darshan )
Bahayavarti: Step by step as under:
- The technique involved is to exhale all air forcefully.
- Contract anus & urethra muscles up ( moolbandh), pull stomach muscle (uddayan bandh) contract so much that stomach moves as close as possible to the vertebra, and then Pull throat & chin muscles, move the chin to the throat and hold breath as long as possible (Jalandhar bandh)
- To resume breathing, slacken the muscles(bandhs) in reverse order of throat, stomach & anus.
- Breath in and then without stopping exhale totally as earlier. repeat it 5, or 7 or 9 oddly up to 21 times to your capacity.
This pranayam is harmless & makes the mind still while you are undergoing the process sincerely. The mind becomes alert & sharp. Over a period of time with variation from a few days to months, the body is cleansed. All the stomach diseases get over gradually as the digestive system is toned & starts working properly & normally. The benefit is apparent as early as the first day in most of the cases.
Abhyantar Viriti Pranayam:
- Sit comfortable either cross legged or on a chair with eyes closed & full breath in with the lower stomach pulled in. Now make mool band & Jalandar bandh.
- Retain the breath inside to your capacity. Remove the bandh very slowly while breathing out easily.
All the lung related diseases get over specifically the asthma. The Body becomes healthy & powerful full of vigour.
One can experience the stillness, calmness of mind so much that the breathing assumes the status of non entity. One has to wait after each inhalation & exhalation so that breathing process is imperceptible.
In this system the in going & out going breaths are held for sometime. This is placing both inhaled & exhaled breath together thus controlling the mind & the sensory organs. The intellect is sharpened which in turn makes it possible to grasp the complex & little derails of every thing & explain to the others.