In a woman, facial hair is natural, but if they grow in excess over neck, chin, cheeks, upper lips and forehead they become a cause of embarrassment. Usually, excess facial hair on a woman’s face is a result of hormonal imbalance, menstrual irregularities, pregnancy, menopause and certain medications.
Whatever the cause may be, it affects the appearance and compels to look for some solutions to remove unwanted facial hair. You may opt for various methods such as waxing, razors, threading, Epilators and hair removal creams but they do not give permanent and effective results. Also, they may cause allergy, irritation and makes your skin loose and saggy in the long term.
It is better if you go for home remedies to get rid of facial hair permanently without causing any harm to your skin.
Top 6 home remedies to remove unwanted facial hair naturally
1. Chickpea, turmeric, and milk face mask– Take a tablespoon chickpea powder, add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and quantity of milk to make a paste. Mix the ingredients and apply to areas with unwanted hair. Leave it for 20 minutes. Rub gently and then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this regularly for a few months to get rid of facial hair forever.
2. Lemon juice, oatmeal, and honey face pack– Take 2 teaspoon coarse grind oatmeal. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and lemon juice each to it. Mix the ingredients and apply to affected parts. After 15 minutes, wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat this 3 times a week for a month to remove unwanted facial hair forever.
3. Barley scrub– This is a really effective home remedy to get rid of facial hair that is stubborn. It also makes the skin smooth and glowing.
Take a tablespoon barley powder and add a tablespoon lime juice and a tablespoon milk to it. Mix the ingredients to make a paste and apply it on your face. After 30 minutes, rinse off your face with lukewarm water. Repeat this 3 times a week for a month.
4. Tea tree oil and lavender oil– Add 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil to a teaspoon of lavender essential oil. Mix them properly. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply to the areas with unwanted hair. Repeat this 3 times a day to remove unwanted facial hair in 3 months.
5. Basil leaves and onion face pack- Take 9 to 1o basil leaves. Separate the transparent and thin membrane of 2 onions. Crush them together and make a paste. Apply it on the areas that have excess hair. Repeat for 1 month to remove unwanted hair permanently.
6. Safflower and Thanaka powder– Take a teaspoon of both ingredients and mix well to make a paste. Apply them to the area with excess facial hair and rub gently. Do it regularly every night and wash your face in the morning. Repeat this for 3 months to get rid of facial hair.
Besides the above face masks to remove unwanted facial hair also drink spearmint tea daily and phytoestrogen containing flaxseed and alfalfa. They regulate the level of hormones and helps to get rid of facial hair naturally.