Diabetes bounds you to get addicted to a very bore schedule of balanced diet. The schedule is just like a must follow thing for your daily routine life. If you play carelessly in this part of everyday life you will get yourself in the risk zone of, heart disease, problems related to kidney, eye problems and in the last nervous system problems.
Referring a dietician would definitely help you. Some guidelines are to be followed regarding your daily meals. The quantity as well as the timing of your meals matter at an important note. The reason of this balanced diet criterion is just very simple. The insulin produced in body is compromised.
You cannot afford to have more carbohydrates in your one meal. The blood sugar also needs to be monitored at a regular interval. The level should always be moderate. Ensure that non fasting levels are between 4, 4 and 8 as well as the fasting level should be between 4, 4 and 6, 1. Always be in contact of a doctor. Along with these, you may also follow the points I am giving below. Have a look:
1. Take 3 to 6 small meals during the day. The meals may be made up of snacks too. Now among these meals, 3 to 4 should contain carbohydrate or starch. Doing this will manage your sugar levels.
2. Fibers should be the main motto in your meals. Try eating more and more fibers in your daily diet. This will lower the risk of heart disease and maintain your sugar level. Soya, oats legumes etc. are useful. Try to drink 8-10 glasses of liquids daily.
3. Try to avoid alcohol. Never go for more than two drinks a day. It’s better to consume alcohol with meals rather than to have it in empty stomach.
4. Substitute your sugar usage with the artificial sweeteners. But remember to limit the usage of artificial sweeteners to a maximum of 8 sweeteners.
5. Avoid consuming animal fats. This will make you fat and hence increase the risk of heart disease. Keeping the body weight normal is one of the most important needs for a diabetes patient. Follow these points to enjoy a healthy life. Best of luck!